Categories:

Joel Nkrumah

Joel Nkrumah

The Ravine would like to Recognize Joel Nkrumah as the first Wolf of the Week of the 2024-25 school year.

At school Joel is involved with numerous things such as Student council, NHS,  Varsity Football, Science Olympiad, Chess Club, Principals Advisory Council, and the WKHS News.

Joel ran for student-body president unopposed, making him the acting student-body president for the current school year. As the student-body president Joel has many things he would like to see accomplished during his time in office; however, ultimately he wants for the school to be as united as ever.

Joel pictured in elementary school holding a sign that says president

“I plan to encourage school pride and create a new healthy environment that unites everyone at WKHS under the same goals that we all ultimately have,” Nkrumah stated.

Over his four years at Worthington Kilbourne, Joel has accomplished quite a bit of things, but he is not focused on what he has done so far, but what he can leave behind for the generations that are going to come through WKHS.

What sparks his passion for being involved you might ask? It stems from him wanting to leave a lasting impact on the years to come. He wants everyone who walks through the halls of Worthington Kilbourne High School to have the same experience that he had.

“If I can make the environment that I have to be in every day a better place, I feel that doing any less is a misdeed to myself and my school.”

The Covid pandemic hit when Nkrumah was in seventh grade, so he came into high school post pandemic and never got to see what Worthington Kilbourne was pre-covid for himself, so

Joel and other student council members after the Holiday Assembly

he wants to create that environment himself.

“After Covid, so much change and so much tradition and culture faded away. With the construction, I feel that Kilbourne can move into a new era with a new unique culture and environment that will get people excited to come to Kilbourne everyday and give people pride for their school,” Joel said.

School and academics has always been an important part of Joel’s life, always striving to be the best student that he can be. In 2020, Joel received the Ohio Student of the Year Award. This is awarded to the most outstanding student in the state of Ohio each year, and Joel earned that whilst still in middle school.

During his sophomore year of high school, Joel started up chess club here at Kilbourne, where fellow chess lovers can meet up and play competitive games of chess.

Joel’s extracurriculars include playing Varsity Football where he is a 3x scholar athlete. He also serves at his church where he plays the piano for the services.

If you have ever interacted with Joel, you would know that he represents very well what it means to be a wolf and demonstrates all four attributes in our P.A.C.K motto. He is a great example of what it means to be truly invested in your school.

Joel on the sidelines at a football game

Joel has had a tremendous amount of impact on the school throughout his years of high school, and he still has one more to go. If you see him in the halls, make sure to say hi an congratulate him on being this weeks Wolf of the Week.