WKHS News | By Kilbourne, For Kilbourne

WKHS News | By Kilbourne, For Kilbourne

WKHS News | By Kilbourne, For Kilbourne

End of Year To-Do List

End of Year To-Do List

With the end of the year rapidly approaching, there are only a few things left for students to do before summer. In order to help students navigate through these final days, we’ve created a comprehensive to-do list of everything that students will do before the end of May. 

The first week of AP exam times. Provided by CollegeBoard.
The second week of AP exams. Provided by CollegeBoard.

Beginning with tests, Advanced Placement (AP) testing will be held between May 6th and May 16th. According to the college board official schedule, AP Government and AP Chemistry will be held on the 6th, followed by AP Lit on the 8th, AP Environmental on the 9th, AP U.S. History (APUSH) on the 10th, AP Calculus on the 13th, AP Language on the 14th, and AP Biology on the 16th. The time of the test varies between classes, so speak with your teacher to know when you will be testing.

The schedule for exam week. Provided by Worthington Schools.

After the AP exams are finished, the end of year exams will start on May 20th, and continue until the 22nd. Each day will have between two and three exams, with each exam’s time being determined by which period the class is: First, fourth, and seventh period will all be on the 20th, second, fifth, and eighth will be on the 21st, and third and sixth will be on the 22nd. Each exam will be an hour and 45 minutes long, and the 22nd will have an early release after the sixth period’s exam.

May 22nd also marks the end of the fourth quarter for freshmen, sophomores, and juniors. Seniors will have their last day on May 15, with their official graduation ceremony on the 26th. Seniors also can look forward to Senior recognition night on the ninth of May, and the Baccalaureate ceremony on the 24th. 

Promotion used for the WKHS prom. Provided by Worthington Schools.

Before graduation, a number of events will be held for students to enjoy. On the 27th of April, WKHS will be holding its junior-senior prom from 8:00 pm until 11:00 pm. With a theme of “Old Hollywood,” the party will be held at the Bridgewater Banquet Center. For those still wanting more fun after the dance, an afterparty will be held at Bowlero Columbus until 1:30 in the morning. According to the Worthington schools website, you do not need to attend the dance in order to go to the afterparty. The deadline to register for the afterparty will be at 5:00 pm on April 26.

Along with the dance and after party, all students can look forward to arts in action on the third of May. Throughout the day, students present art of any kind for the school to enjoy. The event will be held all day, and will be curated by the WKHS staff.

The official May calendar for WKHS. Provided by Worthington Schools.

Now that the end of the year is in sight, it may seem like the next month is going to take forever to end. But if we take it one step at a time, the time will fly by. Lets end the year strong WKHS!